Black Project Paddles
Soul SUP is pleased to announce we are now offering Black Project paddles in our online store. We can help you build the perfect paddle for your paddleing needs.
The Epic Pro is a hard-core nimble surf paddle. It's fast in the water and will easily accelerate you into the waves of your dreams.
The shaft are made in the USA and you can select from three stiffness options: STIFF, MEDIUM & FLEX. You will enjoy the fast find “T” minimal handle. The grip is hallow with no foam core to keep the weight down. T grip handle is also available in high viability red. You can also choose a ergo handle. The dihedral shaping on blade face combined with high aspect outline eliminates flutter. The max width is 7 3/4 inches for the premium carbon blade with red ABS rail. The blade and shaft have no molding ridges that can damage your board. You can use epoxy or hot glue to assemble your custom paddle. The Epic Pro comes with a full-length bag to protect your gear.
Ready to spec out your custom paddle
Black Project – EPIC Pro 95 Premium Carbon specs:
Blade: EPIC 95 sq in / 610cm2
Angle: 8 degrees.
Max width: 7 3/4 inches / 19.7cm.
3k premium carbon blade
RED ABS rail for increased durability
Dihedral shaping on blade face combined with high aspect outline eliminates flutter.
High aspect blade has proven successful in a range of conditions from race to wave with a variety of riders and styles.
Shaft: Premium Carbon
Paddle length: Up to 87 inches / 221cm as standard (longer paddles by request).
3k premium semi-textured gloss carbon to promote grip and easy handling, made in USA.
Three stiffness options: STIFF, MEDIUM & FLEX (New SOFT)
Two Handle options: Full carbon T or Full carbon Palm handle.
Paddle weight approximately 415 – 425 gr (14.6 – 14.9 ounces) depending on cut length and options.
Slim line Blade/Shaft connection for positive energy transfer, efficiency and less drag.
• Plug in glue gun
• Mask off join area on paddle and shaft
• Roughen inside of shaft and blade join with rough sand paper, clean with alcohol or similar
• Use heat gun to heat the shaft and blade joins
• Insert glue into shaft, rotating to ensure a good coverage
• Cover blade join end with glue and join
• Insert blade into shaft, twist and remove, repeat this process, adding more glue if needed to ensure complete coverage
• Insert and align (logo on front facing forward / Type-Spec logo closest to blade)
• Wipe off excess glue
• Allow to cool slightly, remove masking tape and any excess.
• Cover join with premium quality black tape, just twice round is plenty.
• Repeat for handle except you will need to tape handle in place while the glue begins to set.
• Remember that the T and Palm handle add different lengths to the paddle hence be sure to measure twice (at least) before cutting )
The process should take about 15 minutes.
Get started building your custom paddle today